[Openstack] [OpenStack] [Swift] Segments count minimization.

Alexandr Porunov alexandr.porunov at gmail.com
Tue Sep 13 21:18:10 UTC 2016

Thank you Clay!

I use ffmpeg with remote input and local output for first convertion. Here
is a simplified algorithm:
1. Convert with h264 in the highest quality (till 4K) and save it in a
transformer server.
2. Convert into lower quality locally. And get additional data (thumbnails
and so on).
3. Upload all converted videos and additional data into Swift (as you
suggested with sub-segments and segments).

Compressed videos then are available to the client throug the transmuxing
servers.

Best regards,
Alexandr