[Openstack] dual interface instance not getting IP from DHCP after reboot

Kaustubh Kelkar kaustubh.kelkar at casa-systems.com
Wed Sep 7 22:21:48 UTC 2016

[Kaustubh] It would depend on the image. I presume you are using pre-built cloud images? Ubuntu Trusty cloud image for example, only configures the first network interface to ask IP address via DHCP. If you want to have another interface query for IP address, you need to have that configuration existing in the image. If you look at /etc/network/interfaces file, it includes *.cfg files within /etc/network/interfaces.d directory. The file eth0.cfg for example, would have something like this:
auto eth0
iface eth0 inet dhcp
You could create eth1.cfg on similar lines. If you are using CentOS or RedHat image, the relevant files would be under /etc/sysconfig/network-scripts/.

Hope this helps.

-Kaustubh