[Openstack] [OpenStack] [Swift] How to install Swift3 middleware?

Mark Kirkwood mark.kirkwood at catalyst.net.nz
Wed Oct 12 21:17:03 UTC 2016

On 13/10/16 06:26, Alexandr Porunov wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I want to use S3 api for Swift.
>
> I have installed swift3 as here:
>
> git clone https://github.com/openstack/swift3
> cd swift3
> python setup.py install
>
> Then I have configured my proxy-server.conf as here:
>
> [pipeline:main]
> pipeline = catch_errors gatekeeper healthcheck proxy-logging cache
> container_sync bulk ratelimit swift3 s3token authtoken keystoneauth
> container-quotas account-quotas slo dlo versioned_writes proxy-logging
> proxy-server
>
> [filter:swift3]
> use = egg:swift3#swift3
>
> [filter:s3token]
> use = egg:swift3#s3token
> auth_uri = http://keystone:35357/
> reseller_prefix = AUTH_
>
> Then I tried to restart the proxy:
> systemctl restart openstack-swift-proxy
>
> And it failes.

Yeah - for Mitaka (or thereabouts) onwards that s3token config needs to
change:

[filter:s3token]
paste.filter_factory = keystoneclient.middleware.s3_token:filter_factory
auth_uri = http://keystone:35357/
reseller_prefix = AUTH_

Alternatively the older port/protocol/host variables still work instead
of auth_uri:

[filter:s3token]
paste.filter_factory = keystoneclient.middleware.s3_token:filter_factory
auth_port = 35357
auth_host = keystone
auth_protocol = http

The swift3 docs need updating, as it is not obvious what has gone wrong
when you hit this.

regards

Mark