[Openstack] Trove MySQL v5.[67] images?

Turbo Fredriksson turbo at bayour.com
Tue Oct 11 09:21:32 UTC 2016

On Oct 10, 2016, at 6:33 PM, Clint Byrum wrote:

> I don't think anyone should use devstack for anything except developing
> openstack. It's not for anything else.

THANK YOU! :)

> We're just trying to point out that you're taking the hardest possible
> approach, and many of us who had to go down that road before, would like
> to stop spending time assisting anyone who is unnecessarily repeating
> our work.

Well, I've been working and participating in a lot of Opensource projects
over the last twenty years, and every single one have had things they could
learn from their users.

_I_ learned to hate the "stupid questions" that always kept cropping up,
so I either wrote code to stop it from happening again, or I wrote documentation.

"The Openstack Community" (as a whole, looking at _all_ the projects under
that flag) isn't the worst, but it's down there somewhere at the bottom..

I might not be the most PC guy, but I know for a fact that I'm not alone in
this view. I've talked to a lot of people over the years that either
_wanted_ to try OS, _was_ trying it or was _thinking_ about it.

But everyone have basically had the same experience that I have had since
I forced myself to actually commit to this in April/May - OS is badly
documented, the community is rude and unhelpful and it's a pain in the
behind [to get things working].

Now, you're all free to take what you want from that. Take it as a grave
insult to your manhood and/or coding/documentation skills what have you..

Or you can be a grownup, acknowledge your imperfections and strive to do
better.

> Doing it your way means losing all of that momentum

Then YOU have missed MY point :(

Whenever ANYONE is asking ANY type of question, it means the documentation
(or code) isn't clear.. Leave it as-is (and keep having to "go backwards"
every time someone asks a/that question), or improve on it. It's a binary
choice..
--
Ehhhhm - The battle cry of the cronical masturbater.
- Charlie Harper