[Openstack] [openstack][nova][neutron]How a vm is created?

Aqsa Malik aqsamm at gmail.com
Thu May 12 04:21:37 UTC 2016

You will find these two links very useful:

   1.  http://docs.openstack.org/icehouse/training-guides/
   content/associate-computer-node.html#associate-vm-provisioning-indepth
   2.
   https://ilearnstack.com/2013/04/26/request-flow-for-provisioning-instance-in-openstack/

On Thu, May 12, 2016 at 9:09 AM, Akshay Kumar Sanghai <
akshaykumarsanghai at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi,
> I wanted to know how a vm is created in openstack. There are so many
> components of each service that I am getting confused. I understand at a
> high level that nova-scheduler will find the compute host, nova-compute
> will create the vm and nova interacts with neutron for port allocation. But
> I want to know the complete picture of how various services of nova and
> neutron are working together and who writes in the database, who puts the
> messages in RabbitMQ. How can i understand at that level?
>
> Thanks
> Akshay

Aqsa Malik
Military College of Signals NUST