[Openstack] Help configuring multipath with IBM storwize v3700.

Jorge Luiz Correa correajl at gmail.com
Thu Mar 31 14:49:53 UTC 2016

Hello Vahric and list! Thank you for the answer!

I've analyzed documentation you indicated. Although one of that be related
with a Huawei product, the answer for the problem was there, exactly what
reported:

If the version of OpenStack is Havana and IceHouse, add
libvirt_iscsi_use_multipath = True in [default] of /etc/nova/nova.conf. If
the version of OpenStack is Juno, Kilo, and Liberty, add
iscsi_use_multipath = True in [libvirt] of /etc/nova/nova.conf.

So, to use IBM Storwize with iSCSI multipath we need:

- configure Storwize driver to manage the storage;
- configure multipath on compute nodes;
- add libvirt_iscsi_use_multipath = True or iscsi_use_multipath = True
depending of the running version.

When attaching a volume to one instance, Storwize driver will connect on
storage via management interface (normally via ssh), get parameters about
available iSCSI IPs and make the compute nodes run iscsiadm in a manner
that connects to all of theses IPs. At this moment, running multipath -ll
on the compute node that executes the virtual machine on which the volume
was attached, we could see the available paths!

I've created a solicitation to include these information on Storwize driver
documentation.

https://bugs.launchpad.net/openstack-manuals/+bug/1564442

Thank you!!
:)