[Openstack] password in clear text

Jagga Soorma jagga13 at gmail.com
Wed Mar 23 15:04:58 UTC 2016

Hi Guys,

Currently when using the openstack api I have to save my password in clear
text in the OS_PASSWORD environment variable.  Is there a more secure way
to use the openstack api without having to either store this password in
clear text or enter the password manually every time I run a openstack
command?  Is there some way that I can use a token id?  I have tried but
can't seem to get it to work and not sure what else is possible.

Thanks in advance for your help with this.