[Openstack] SSL cert issue on openstack client

Rahul Sharma rahulsharmaait at gmail.com
Wed Mar 23 01:14:40 UTC 2016

Python's requests module is unable to verify the cert. To check the default
location of trusted root ca used by requests module, run this command:

bash# python -mrequests.certs

It will give you some location in output. Dump the contents of
GeoTrust_CA_Bundle.crt
to the end of this file.

To test if its working fine, use these steps:-
[bash]$ python
Python 2.7.5
>>> import requests
>>> requests.get("https://xxx.yyy.com:5000")
<Response [300]>

Instead of response 300, if you are still getting error here, it means the
cert is not correct or its unable to find the rootCA in the provided
location.

*Rahul Sharma*
*MS in Computer Science, 2016*
College of Computer and Information Science, Northeastern University
Mobile:  801-706-7860
Email: rahulsharmaait at gmail.com