[Openstack] Error: Unable to create new image [Liberty]

Ken D'Ambrosio ken at jots.org
Wed Mar 9 17:25:26 UTC 2016

Hi, all.  In our Icehouse cloud, I had no problems with non-admin users
creating images.  In the Liberty cloud we recently stood up, however,
that doesn't appear to be enabled.  From reading, I see that it appears
to be a setting that needs to be altered in /etc/glance/glance-api.conf,
but it's not clear to me what needs to be added.  I've done a fair bit
of digging through docs and Stack Overflow, etc., but just don't see
a) what permission it is that needs to be changed, and
b) how to enable it specifically in glance-api.conf

Any pointers much appreciated.

-Ken