[Openstack] br-ex question ubuntu and Liberty

Tomas Vondra vondra at czech-itc.cz
Mon Mar 7 11:22:58 UTC 2016

Martin Wilderoth <martin.wilderoth at ...> writes:

> I have a question regarding the br-ex interface openvswitch and dvr setup.
>
> I use dvr-ovs config in liberty. I have problems with accessing external
network.
> Checking my ovs-vsctl it seems I have vlan taging on networks that could
possible explain why I have network problem.

> But the demorouter can ping demo-detwork and router ip, but not gateway
and internnet, the same apllys for the instance i have launched In ovs i
have some tag attached, but all setup is done by the neurtron-agent except
the br-ex interface that i have added and conected to eth3

> So I have connected br-ex to my eth3 interface. I have not assigend any IP
on eth3 nor ex-br as I don't really want that, access to
controller/networknode is done via another interface.

> so my network config / Ubuntu 14.04 is
>
>     auto eth3
>     iface eth3 inet manual
>
> This works fine with openvswitch when i play with simple setup and
tapports. I have no config in the network file for my br-ex interface.

> It seems some posts suggests adding extenal ip to my ex-br interface, it
relates to older releases but could be correct.

> So my questions are
>
> Do I have to assign an external IP on my br-ex interface for the system to
work ?
> Could I do some additional set-up to avoid doing this as the assigned ip
will never be used as far as I understand ?
> Do I only need to bring it up or do I have to assign a good ip adress ?
>

> Please put some light on this, please help me !!!!
>
> Regards Martin

Hi!
I don't think that an IP is compulsory on the br-ex interface. Where are you
seeing vlan tags that should not be there? Can you post you ml2_conf.ini?
Tomas