[Openstack] [cinder] live-migration of volume-backend instance fails

Eugen Block eblock at nde.ag
Tue Mar 1 10:35:46 UTC 2016

Follow up:

I ran another test with the external cinder-volume as storage backend
for my instances' images. Since cinder tried to create a new target,
this section was commented out in the scst.py to see how far I can
get. This leads to a new error, but not on the cinder node. It's
something that's not implemented yet for xen, IIUC.
So basically, I need to tell cinder somehow to not create a new target
but use the existing for that specific instance. But where do I need
to do that, which option is it in what config file?

Any help is appreciated!

Regards,
Eugen