[Openstack] Networking issues with neutron-linuxbridge-agent

Eugen Block eblock at nde.ag
Thu Jun 23 07:40:19 UTC 2016

> What version are you using?

control1:~ # rpm -qi
openstack-neutron-linuxbridge-agent-8.1.3~a0~dev5-1.1.noarch
Name        : openstack-neutron-linuxbridge-agent
Version     : 8.1.3~a0~dev5
Release     : 1.1
Architecture: noarch
Install Date: Fr 17 Jun 2016 16:09:05 CEST
Group       : Development/Languages/Python
Size        : 14254
License     : Apache-2.0
Signature   : RSA/SHA256, Mi 15 Jun 2016 05:08:07 CEST, Key ID
893a90dad85f9316
Source RPM  : openstack-neutron-8.1.3~a0~dev5-1.1.src.rpm
Build Date  : Mi 15 Jun 2016 05:07:22 CEST
Build Host  : wildcard2
Relocations : (not relocatable)
Vendor      : obs://build.opensuse.org/Cloud:OpenStack
URL         : https://launchpad.net/neutron
Summary     : OpenStack Network - Linux Bridge Agent
Description :
This package provides the Linux Bridge Agent.

> By external network, do you mean it has router:external=True?

Yes, that's what I mean.

It's really strange, yesterday I had to restart the agent multiple
times without any hint what had happened. So it's not necessarily
connected to nova but to other services, too. I just don't have a clue
yet where to look. I set the linuxbridge-agent.log into debug mode but
I didn't find a temporal connection to the interruption.

--
Eugen Block                             voice   : +49-40-559 51 75
NDE Netzdesign und -entwicklung AG      fax     : +49-40-559 51 77
D-22423 Hamburg                         e-mail  : eblock at nde.ag

         Vorsitzende des Aufsichtsrates: Angelika Mozdzen
           Sitz und Registergericht: Hamburg, HRB 90934
                   Vorstand: Jens-U. Mozdzen
                    USt-IdNr. DE 814 013 983