[Openstack] [Swift] 404 re-reading just created container

Mark Kirkwood mark.kirkwood at catalyst.net.nz
Wed Jun 8 08:13:28 UTC 2016

On 08/06/16 19:07, Mark Kirkwood wrote:

> changing this servers line to include the other proxy's memcache too
> (e.g proxy 192.168.122.21 again):
>
> $ cat /etc/swift/proxy-server.conf
> [filter:cache]
> use = egg:swift#memcache
> memcache_servers = 192.168.122.21:11211,192.168.122.24:11211
>
> I no longer see any 404s with my test. Reading the install docs (a bit
> more carefully this time it seems), I see that they are leaning us
> towards doing that - am I understanding that correctly?

A completely different approach is to remove the 'cache' entry from the
proxy pipeline. Obviously this is not ideal from a
performance/scalability point of view, but we currently have a very
small object storage archive so - for now - performance is not that
critical. It will be later for sure, but that gives us time to plan for
(centralized etc) memcache resources that Swift can be easily amended to
use. Thoughts - is it crazy to switch off caching?

regards

Mark