[Openstack] Enabling volume usage audit - cinder

Tobias Urdin tobias.urdin at crystone.com
Tue Jun 7 08:51:25 UTC 2016

You must add a cron job for the cinder-volume-usage-audit, like this.

root at cinder:~# cat /etc/cron.d/cinder-volume-usage-audit
*/30 * * * * root (PYTHONIOENCODING=utf-8 /usr/bin/cinder-volume-usage-audit 1>> /var/log/cinder/cinder-volume-usage-audit-`date +\%Y\%m\%d`.log 2>&1)

That will run each 30 minutes.

Best regards