[Openstack] UDP issues?

Kaustubh Kelkar kaustubh.kelkar at casa-systems.com
Mon Jul 18 22:07:07 UTC 2016

-----Original Message-----
From: Ken D'Ambrosio [mailto:ken at jots.org]
Sent: Monday, July 18, 2016 5:43 PM
To: Openstack <openstack at lists.openstack.org>
Subject: [Openstack] UDP issues?

Hey, all.  We're trying to track down some UDP fragmentation issues, and I'm trying to fully grasp exactly what goes on.  The tool I'm using is "iperf."  My first confusion is that when I point iperf (client) to a host behind a floating IP, that simply doesn't work.  Any ideas what the issue is, and how to get around it?
[Kaustubh] Can you check if Neutron router is changing the port numbers as well?

Additionally, I'd really like a tool that would allow me to set packet size for UDP tests; I've poked around, but haven't really found anything.  If anyone has a suggestion, I'm all ears.
[Kaustubh] I think pktgen (http://dpdk.org/browse/apps/pktgen-dpdk/) allows variable packet sizes.

-Kaustubh

Thanks!

-Ken