[Openstack] In ubuntu 15.04, Is it possilbe to install and configure openstack(juno, kilo) according to 14.04 installation guide?

Ian Y. Choi ianyrchoi at gmail.com
Thu Feb 25 06:47:03 UTC 2016

Hello DK,

Ideally, Ubuntu 15.04 should well support OpenStack installation,
especially with Kilo.

Note that Juno is currently in EOL status. Please see:
http://releases.openstack.org/ .

Of course, you can follow official OpenStack installation guide for
Kilo, Ubuntu 14.04
: http://docs.openstack.org/kilo/install-guide/install/apt .
One possible exception for Ubuntu 15.04 would be not to enable Ubuntu
Cloud archive,
mentioned in
http://docs.openstack.org/kilo/install-guide/install/apt/content/ch_basic_environment.html#basics-packages
.
(Ubuntu 15.04 must have already included the repository!)

And there might be some additional minor (sometimes, could be major, but..)
obstacles. I think some Linux or OpenStack experience would be helpful
for solving those issues,
like
http://fosskb.in/2015/04/18/installing-openstack-kilo-on-ubuntu-15-04-single-machine-setup/
.