[Openstack] [Trove] A few newbie questions

Ludwig Tirazona ljtirazona at gmail.com
Tue Feb 23 02:58:14 UTC 2016

Hello Everyone,

	I want to understand the Architecture a bit more. Thanks in advance for
any answers.

	1.) The docs tell me that trove-guestagent connects to a RabbitMQ host
to listen for instructions. Is this RabbitMQ host typically the one that
the other OpenStack services connect to?

	2.) If yes, how does that normally occur, given that the Trove Instance
is usually isolated in its own tenant network, and my RabbitMQ is
located on the Internal Network (no public access)?

	3.) I'm trying to make my own Guest Image, and have found the
documentation to be lacking. I've momentarily given up on making one
using the diskimage-builder and trove-integration. Is it "acceptable" to
just use an Ubuntu Cloud Image, install MySQL and trove-guestagent on
it, then use that as a Datastore? Is that a sane route to take, or am I
missing something important?