[Openstack] Network monitoring in monasca

Rubab Syed rubab.syed21 at gmail.com
Tue Feb 2 01:37:54 UTC 2016

Hi there,

I am doing a university project in OpenStack. The aim is to implement a
network monitoring framework in Monasca(Monitoring-as-a-service at scale).
In order to build it, I need to know the minimal features that the
networking guys would like to monitor so I'm just reaching out to people
and asking them. I'm a newbie in OpenStack and really want to contribute.
Would you be kind enough to tell me what monitoring features pop up in your
head when you hear cloud network monitoring(neutron in particular)?

I would highly appreciate any input.

Thanks.

Regards,
Rubab Syed