[Openstack] openstack with ceph

yang sheng forsaks.30 at gmail.com
Fri Dec 23 12:42:13 UTC 2016

Hi

I am trying to deploy openstack liberty with ceph jewel in CentOS7 servers.
I am just using ceph for glance and vm images (didn't deploy cinder or
swift)

I did this before in a small testing environment, all the servers are in
the same subnet, single nic and firewall disabled.

Now the new deployment has put openstack and ceph cluster in different
subnets, I open the firewall port 6789 (ceph mon) and 6800-7100 (ceph osd)
bidirections. I can telnet ceph servers from my openstack servers using
port 6789 and 6800-7100.

As I started openstack-nova-compute service on compute node, from
nova-compute log, i see it hang:

2016-12-23 12:21:45.241 37332 INFO nova.compute.resource_tracker
[req-e25dd5cc-82b2-46c2-8c5c-0c2203835063 - - - - -] Auditing locally
available compute resources for node server_1