[Openstack] [openstack] How to modify company affiliation

Jeremy Stanley fungi at yuggoth.org
Mon Dec 5 14:10:39 UTC 2016

On 2016-12-05 15:52:05 +0530 (+0530), Ravi Shekhar Jethani wrote:
> I first signed OpenStack Foundation Member agreement
> <https://www.openstack.org/join/register/?membership-type=foundation> some
> time back as a part of some company but now I am working for a different
> company. So to change affiliations:
>
> 1. Do I need to modify original agreement?
>
> 2. Do I need to submit a new agreement with current company as affiliation?
>
> For case 1, how and where I can do it because I cannot find a way to
> see/edit my original agreement.

I assume you're referring to the OpenStack Foundation Individual
Member Agreement, which is purely an agreement between you and the
OpenStack Foundation:
To fulfill the affiliate status obligations in item #2 of that
agreement, log in and edit your profile at
https://www.openstack.org/profile/ amending or correcting the
timeline for your affiliations as needed.

> For case 2, I tried this but I get error: email already exists!!! I would
> like to maintain same email.

Correct, this fails because the system is attempting to prevent you
signing up for duplicate accounts. Each member should have one and
only one account in our foundation member system. Update the
affiliations list in your current account's profile (as described
above) rather than creating a new account.
--
Jeremy Stanley