[Openstack] Ubuntu Cloud Image - Forbidden access! Glance fails with error 500.

Clint Byrum clint at fewbar.com
Wed Aug 31 22:42:34 UTC 2016

Excerpts from Martinx - ジェームズ's message of 2016-08-31 18:24:07 -0400:
> But I need to rely on the upstream URLs for two reasons:
>
> 1- During Glance provision, I can't download the images, the images MUST be
> downloaded by Glance itself, by demand (that's why I always use --location
> and that's why I'm still using Glance v1;
>
> 2- By relying on a remote URL, I don't need to re-add the images every
> single time that upstream updates its image, Glance will always download
> the latest directly from upstream.

This is somewhat ludicrous. You've made your cloud dependent on a free
internet service with zero security.

If anything, setup your own local HTTP server and set the location to
_that_. But, then it starts to look a little ridiculous, when you could
just use the glance file store and upload to glance.