[Openstack] Question about VM credentials - newbie

Turbo Fredriksson turbo at bayour.com
Tue Aug 30 19:18:42 UTC 2016

On Aug 30, 2016, at 3:07 PM, Kevin Wilson wrote:

> While googling for it, I saw that someone said that logging in via
> user/password credentials is not possible for this image, but I doubt
> it. How one is expected to login into console and not via ssh without
> such credentials?

Very few (any??) cloud images have password login enabled. Probably
because this is a _cloud_ image. Anyone, anywhere can download it,
and if there was a default PW, then anyone could login.

Instead, you add your SSH key to OS, and then add that to the instance.

Look in Horizon, under "Project -> Compute -> Access & Security -> Key Pairs"
and then "Project -> Compute -> Instances -> Launch Instance -> Key Pair".