[Openstack] [OpenStack] Second Public IP for VM on Another Public Network does not work properly

Brian Haley brian.haley at hpe.com
Wed Aug 17 18:34:11 UTC 2016

On 08/17/2016 01:54 PM, Piotr Baranowski wrote:
> [...]

Yes, and that was what I was alluding to in order to make packets go out the
correct interface based on the source IP in the packets.

> One simple example:
>
> You have an expensive low latency link and a high latency cheap one.
> You may use policy routing to automatically select which route to use.

Is a cloud datacenter going to have multiple link types?  I doubt it.  And
having two VMs would be easier anyways as there are probably other things you're
going to tune.

 > TL;DR It makes sense to have multiple uplinks.

A cloud provider is probably going to have multiple links to the Internet, and
they'll be able to deal with one being down without any action on the part of a
tenant.

I can only guess the OP wants to do this because their existing architecture is
doing something like it, but I don't know.

-Brian