[Openstack] [OpenStack] [Neutron] [Fuel] Two floating networks before cluster deployment

Michaƫl Van de Borne michael.van.de.borne at gmail.com
Wed Apr 27 11:36:24 UTC 2016

Hi all,

According to this bug <https://bugs.launchpad.net/fuel/+bug/1513887> and
this blueprint
<https://blueprints.launchpad.net/fuel/+spec/dyn-gen-physnet-set> it
should be possible to create multiple external networks.
I currently have the default public network with a configured range and
am trying to add a second tagged VLAN external network to have 2
different floating IP pools (reason: we need 1 range for external users
and 1 range for internal users with more access to other services)
What I have done currently is added a new network:
fuel network-group --create --node-group 6 --name "public2" --release 1
--vlan 215 --cidr 192.168.208.0/22
and then downloading the network.yaml file to change the range from cidr
to ip_ranges and reuploading it afterwards.

I also have a network-template which creates a public2 network that is
added to the controller and compute roles. (see below, I copied only the
public and public2 network_schemes).

The problem here is that the network roles neutron/floating and ex are
already configured in the default public network role.

Can this be done using network templates and network groups or can this
only be done by downloading the deployment.yaml files of each node and
changing them manually (which can become a big chore when deploying ~15
nodes with multiple roles)?

network_scheme:
     public:
         transformations:
           - action: add-br
             name: br-ex
           - action: add-br
             name: br-floating
             provider: ovs
           - action: add-patch
             bridges:
             - br-floating
             - br-ex
             provider: ovs
             mtu: 65000
           - action: add-port
             bridge: br-ex
             name: <% if2 %>
         endpoints:
           - br-ex
         roles:
           public/vip: br-ex
*neutron/floating: br-floating**
**          ex: br-ex*
     public2:
         transformations:
           - action: add-br
             name: br-ex2
           - action: add-br
             name: br-floating2
             provider: ovs
           - action: add-patch
             bridges:
             - br-floating2
             - br-ex2
             provider: ovs
             mtu: 65000
           - action: add-port
             bridge: br-ex2
             name: <% if2 %>.215
         endpoints:
           - br-ex2
         roles:
*          neutron/floating: br-floating2  //different bridge for same role?
           ex: br-ex2*

Thank you

Note: we're using fuel 8.