[Openstack] Mitaka with OpenvSwitch, no VXLAN tunnels between compute and network nodes

Martinx - ジェームズ thiagocmartinsc at gmail.com
Thu Apr 21 18:52:18 UTC 2016

Guys,

 I'm trying to deploy Mitaka on Xenial, using OpenvSwitch.

 I am using the following documents:

 http://docs.openstack.org/mitaka/install-guide-ubuntu

 http://docs.openstack.org/mitaka/networking-guide/scenario-classic-ovs.html

 * The topology is like this:

 1- Controller + Network Node;

 2- Compute Node.

 NOTE: Both have two NICs, em1 for management and services, and p1p1 for
VXLAN tunnels.

 However, I see no "vxlan peers" on the output of "ovs-vsctl show"...

 So, Instances doesn't get IP from DHCP server, and if I try to configure
static IPs, Instances can only talk with each other (that are running on
the same, and uniq, compute node). Also, instances can't ping Neutron L2
Namespace router.

 What I am missing?

Thanks!
Thiago