[Openstack] [mentoring] Mentee project preferrence

Emily K Hugenbruch ekhugenbruch at us.ibm.com
Mon Apr 11 18:27:36 UTC 2016

Hi Victoria,
A few things to keep in mind. Many of the technical mentoring matches we
made were in anticipation of the Upstream University training. So if your
mentee is signed up for that, your early mentoring should focus on getting
them prepared for upstream and just basically introduced to the community.
http://docs.openstack.org/upstream-training/
Beyond that, Carol's suggestions are absolutely spot on. Consider whether
your expertise could help them in their area. Could you still help to teach
them how to review patches, or run unit tests, even if it's not the project
you're focused on? Encourage your mentee to be open to contributing in
other areas, too. Projects are interconnected and skills are often
transferable.

If it really seems like it won't work out, please let us know and we can
look to re-match you. Thanks.
Sincerely,
Emily Kate Hugenbruch
OpenStack Cloud Enablement Engineer - z/VM and Software Engineer - z/VM
IBM Corporation Endicott, NY
Twitter: @ekhugen
IRC: ekhugen at freenode

Inactive hide details for "Barrett, Carol L" ---04/11/2016 02:08:51 PM---Hi
Victoria – I think you have a couple of options: 1"Barrett, Carol L"
---04/11/2016 02:08:51 PM---Hi Victoria – I think you have a couple of