[Openstack] Ironic in the same install with virtualization?

Steve Gordon sgordon at redhat.com
Thu Sep 24 21:12:33 UTC 2015

----- Original Message -----

It's somewhat misleading as not all of the configuration variables listed will have an effect on the control services, in particular the compute_driver setting should only be evaluated by nova-compute. Thus you can have one control plane managing nova-compute nodes that connect to various hypervisors and direct requests to them using either the hypervisor_type image property, host aggregates, or a combination of the two.

Keep in mind that documentation is in the devref which is likely intended at getting someone who wants to submit patches to Ironic up and running quickly not necessarily a guide to recommended production usage.

-Steve

> -Andrew
> /
> /
> [1]
> http://docs.openstack.org/developer/ironic/deploy/install-guide.html#configure-compute-to-use-the-bare-metal-service

Steve Gordon, RHCE
Sr. Technical Product Manager,
Red Hat Enterprise Linux OpenStack Platform