[Openstack] [OpenStack] [Keystone] Problem with keystone and token, ERROR: openstack Maximum lock attempts on _lockusertokens

Daniel Spiekermann daniel.spiekermann at studium.fernuni-hagen.de
Fri Sep 4 11:41:10 UTC 2015

Hi all,

I have some trouble with my new test environment of openstack. I installed OpenStack Kilo on my Ubuntu 14.04 LTS Server, running in a virtualbox VM. I use the official documentation, which can be found here: http://docs.openstack.org/kilo/install-guide/install/apt/content/
I did each part step-by-step, but after creating the users, projects and roles, the verification fails.
I activate the debug-logging and find the following debug message:

openstack user list
ERROR: openstack Maximum lock attempts on _lockusertokens-041ce40b76cf4abb8fe64fae18d78403 occurred. (Disable debug mode to suppress these details.) (HTTP 500) (Request-ID: req-f92bb44e-ca46-4405-bc36-4305a8614c58)

The Token is correct, there a no problems, I think.
I load the needed environment variables with
source admin.sh

cat admin.sh
export OS_PROJECT_DOMAIN_ID=default
export OS_USER_DOMAIN_ID=default
export OS_PROJECT_NAME=admin
export OS_TENANT_NAME=admin
export OS_USERNAME=admin
export OS_PASSWORD=test
export OS_AUTH_URL=http://controller:35357/v3
export OS_IMAGE_API_VERSION=2

I found some bugreuports according to this error, but I have no idea how to correct this misbehaviour.

Any hints would be great

Thanks
Daniel