[Openstack] Devstack on unsupported - RabbitMQ PAM error

Tony Su tonysu at su-networking.com
Thu Oct 29 16:11:24 UTC 2015

openSUSE 13.2
Devstack freshly cloned from github

The relevant "systemctl status" and journal entries are posted at
http://pastebin.com/7C6vz1SA

Brief Summary:
During install, ran into RabbitMQ service failure.
Believe that the current User credentials aren't being presented to
RabbitMQ, which is the cause of the gnome-keyring-auth error (I
welcome comment whether agree or disagree)

Detailed Description of Error:
Since this is an unsupported distro requiring "FORCE=yes ./stack.sh",
like all other apps OpenStack uses, RabbitMQ was installed manually
from the distro and not by the ./stack.sh script. Because of this,
RabbitMQ is currently a default install.

Reading the RabbitMQ documentation, ti looks like by default only a
guest account is setup, but RabbitMQ in Devstack wants to use the
credentials of the User doing the Install.

I need to know which RabbitMQ backend auth plugin to use ( SSL?
Something else?).
Would also be cool if there is any special resource you can point me
to, like if a config template file is simply copied.

BTW - I'm curious why the RabbitMQ configuration requires the Install
User's credentials... It would seem to me that the "sudo" identity
should be sufficient to make configuration file edits, and different
credentials would be used later during runtime.

TIA,
Tony