[Openstack] How to get settings of an image (openstack and/or any other virtualization environment

Michelakis, Spiros (Nokia - GR/Athens) spiros.michelakis at nokia.com
Tue Oct 13 14:16:32 UTC 2015

Hi,

Does anyone know if and how can I "read" the settings from an image I'm going to load into a VM? I'm looking for any kind of info that will be installed on my VM BEFORE the installation step.

e.g. I have 10 images -any kind of image cirros, ubuntu, redhat.. .whatever- and I want to know that when the installation of an image (cirros for example) is finished, "this kind of configuration" will exist on my VM...from networking, users, etc...

Is there a tool for that? A tool that can be used with or without openstack...

Thank you in advance for your time/support !!!!

Br
-SM-