[Openstack] Max number of parallel API requests that can be handled by Openstack Services(Nova/Cinder/Keystone)

Bharath Krishna BKrishna at walmartlabs.com
Fri Oct 9 09:45:28 UTC 2015

Hi All,

Is there any specific limit on how many API requests can be handled in parallel by an Openstack service? I am using Juno Deployment.

I tried to do stress testing on Cinder and Nova. I could see that beyond 60(approx) requests the system becomes unstable.

There is no API rate limit set/enabled. I just want to know the maximum requests that can be handled in parallel and are there any ways to improve that.

Please throw some light on this.

Thanks in advance.

Regards

Bharath Krishna