[Openstack] [openstack-dev] Error Installing KILO release on powerpc

Tony Breeds tony at bakeyournoodle.com
Thu Oct 8 21:15:52 UTC 2015

On Thu, Oct 08, 2015 at 11:08:06PM +0530, Rahul Arora wrote:
> Hi Team
>
> I am trying to run Openstack KILO release on my powerpc platform.I am able
> to cross compile all the KILO related packages using yocto framework.But
> while running the following command i am getting below error messages.

Wait what?  cross compile?  You'll need to explain more about your platform /
setup as that really shoudlne't be needed.

Are you installign from git, disto packages or something else?

Havign said all that powerpc support is somewhat spotty.  It certainly works
but the build/setup experience will be a little more painful than normal.

> keystone-manage db_sync
>
> Traceback (most recent call last):
>   File "/usr/bin/keystone-manage", line 30, in <module>
>     from keystone import cli
>   File "/usr/lib/python2.7/site-packages/keystone/cli.py", line 27, in
> <module>
>     from keystone.common import sql
>   File "/usr/lib/python2.7/site-packages/keystone/common/sql/__init__.py",
> line 15, in <module>
>     from keystone.common.sql.core import *  # noqa
>   File "/usr/lib/python2.7/site-packages/keystone/common/sql/core.py", line
> 28, in <module>
>     from oslo_db.sqlalchemy import session as db_session
>   File "/usr/lib/python2.7/site-packages/oslo_db/sqlalchemy/session.py",
> line 300, in <module>
>     from oslo_db.sqlalchemy import utils
>   File "/usr/lib/python2.7/site-packages/oslo_db/sqlalchemy/utils.py", line
> 36, in <module>
>     from sqlalchemy import inspect
> ImportError: cannot import name inspect

Seems like you just missed a dependancy.

Yours Tony.