[Openstack] keystone service endpoint creation failing on RHEL7

michael at tropyx.com michael at tropyx.com
Sat May 23 01:43:24 UTC 2015

Hi List,

We're trying to install Kilo on RHEL7, when we get to creating service
endpoints, this command:

openstack service create
 --name keystone --description "OpenStack Identity" identity

Consistently returns this error:

ERROR: openstack An unexpected error prevented the server from
fulfilling your request. (HTTP 500)

Looking into keystone.log we see that the final error reads:

(OperationalError) (1045, "Access denied for user 'keystone'@'localhost'
(using password: YES)") None None

Three of our team have tried reinstalling as per the instructions, we've
triple checked our config and database settings but are still lost.

Apologies if this question is terribly backward, but we've exhausted all
other ideas.

Thanks,

MikeL.