[Openstack] Running Xen VMs on Openstack

Robson Ramos Barreto robson.rbarreto at gmail.com
Fri May 22 16:17:54 UTC 2015

Hi

The OVF file is the VM format that contain hardware parameters. So, you
should not convert it.

After you convert the XVA file to qcow2, you should create something like
with virt:

# virt-install --virt-type kvm --name centos-6.4 --ram 1024 \
*--disk /tmp/centos-6.4.qcow2,format=qcow2 \*
--network network=default \
--graphics vnc,listen=0.0.0.0 --noautoconsole \
--os-type=linux --os-variant=rhel6 \
--extra-args="console=tty0 console=ttyS0,115200n8 serial" \
--location=/data/isos/CentOS-6.4-x86_64-netinstall.iso

Where the /tmp/centos-6.4.qcow2 file are you qcow2 file converted from XVA

Regards

Abs.
*Robson Ramos Barreto*
IT / INFRASTRUCTURE ANALYST