[Openstack] Live Migration + Ceph + ConfigDrive

Pádraig Brady P at draigBrady.com
Fri May 8 00:29:38 UTC 2015

On 07/05/15 18:28, Tyler Wilson wrote:
> Hello All,
>
> Thank you for the replies! Will this patch be usable in Juno?
>
> On Thu, May 7, 2015 at 3:18 AM, Pádraig Brady <P at draigbrady.com <mailto:P at draigbrady.com>> wrote:
>
>     On 07/05/15 09:50, Sebastien Han wrote:
>     > Actually the issue is that the configdrive is store a file on the fs under /var/lib/nova/instances/$uuid/config.drive
>     > AFAIR the other problem is the format of that file that is not supported by libvirt for the live migration.
>     >
>     > I think you have to apply this patch: https://review.openstack.org/#/c/123073/
>
>     Yes that's the correct one.
>
>     > I’ve heard from sileht (in cc) that this might work in Kilo (the vfat format of the config drive for the live migration).
>
>     Right, by setting vfat format, this function will work in Kilo
>     due to https://github.com/openstack/nova/commit/4e665112

Not directly, as the backport to RHOSP 6 (Juno based) has:

  Conflicts:
         nova/tests/virt/libvirt/test_libvirt.py
         nova/virt/libvirt/driver.py

Though the adjustments are simple enough.

cheers,
Pádraig.