[Openstack] How can I make my changes of ceph.conf to take effect in Cinder?

李沛伦 lpl6338236 at gmail.com
Thu May 7 07:55:00 UTC 2015

Hello! I'm using Ceph as the backend storage system for Cinder, and I want
to change some settings of Ceph client, so I add the following into
/etc/ceph/ceph.conf of my compute node A:

[global]
  debug ms = 10
  log file = /var/log/ceph/global.log

[client]
  debug ms = 10
  debug rados = 10
  log file = /var/log/ceph/client.log

but after restarting nova-compute and all the VMs on node A, restarting
cinder-volume, cinder-api, cinder-scheduler on Cinder controller node B, I
created a new volume and attached it to a VM on node A, but there is still
no client.log or global.log after I read or write this new volume! Could
any one tell me how can my modification of ceph.conf make difference? I
make sure that rbd_ceph_conf=/etc/ceph/ceph.conf in cinder.conf on node B,
and the data are written into Ceph cluster.

PS: The [global] section is used just to know whether ceph.conf is
useful......

Thanks!

--
Li Peilun (李沛伦)