[Openstack] How to identify data inconsistency errors in openstack databases?

Joe Topjian joe at topjian.net
Thu Mar 19 05:21:46 UTC 2015

I think that particular scenario in the Ops Guide could be considered a bit
outdated, but the subject in general is still relevant.

I've found that in each release of OpenStack, the various OpenStack
components are better able to reclaim / resolve orphaned resources, such as
the floating IP scenario described. In fact, I haven't had a need to
manually update the databases for anything for at least the past three
releases.

But situations still exist. I think the big one at the moment is the issue
of quota skewing. There's a good discussion on the openstack-operators list
about a possible solution:

http://lists.openstack.org/pipermail/openstack-operators/2015-March/006517.html