[Openstack] Questions from a newbie

Li, Chen chen.li at intel.com
Fri Mar 13 00:41:10 UTC 2015

I think:

1.       If you connect your laptop from another network, you need to connect to Horizon from another IP.

Horizon relays on the web server that is working on your laptop.

While I’m not very sure, but if you run command “keystone endpoint-list”, are those IPs for your endpoints “10.1.115.126” ?

In that case, your openstack would not work after the IP changed for your laptop.

If you connect to “the cloud” from your laptop only, then use “127.0.0.1” for everything should enough.

In local.conf, set:

    HOST_IP = 127.0.0.1

2.       Information for scheduler should from its message queue, “nova-compute” has periodic tasks send them.

Thanks.
-chen