[Openstack] [devstack][keystone][nova][glance][heat] error met when dealing with requirements files

Chen, Ken ken.chen at intel.com
Fri Jun 26 02:02:15 UTC 2015

I found the issue. It is because my keystonemiddleware version is 1.6.1, while this version require pbr<1.0, >=0.6 (for keystonemiddleware>=1.5.0). So in the devstack installation, it will downgrade my pbr from 1.2.0 to 0.11.0.
After I upgrade my keystonemiddleware to 2.0.0 and pbr back to 1.2.0, this issue does not exist now. Therefore it is a bug, for pbr-0.11.0 is not compatible with those projects with lines like "*;python_version=='2.7'", while in their requirements.txt files there are still "pbr<2.0,>=0.11".

-Ken