[Openstack] [Neutron] Neutron not able to create_port_postcommint

Silvia Fichera fichera.sil at gmail.com
Wed Jun 24 09:04:32 UTC 2015

Hi all,
I have installed Openstack using devstack and following the wiki to
integrate it with Opendaylight (VTN integration).
After the installation I was able to launch instances.
The day after when I tried again to launch instances I had this error: "Error:
Failed to launch instance "inst": Please try again later [Error: No valid
host was found. Exceeded max scheduling attempts 3 for instance ...."

I've checked the log screen-n-cpu.log and seems that the Instance creation
failed because the Neutron was not able to "create_port_postcommit".
Any suggestion to solve this problem?
Could this be related to a wrong configuration of the environment with ODL?
(I have several compute node, and when an instance is assigned to a compute
host that is not also the controller, if I check the network configuration
with ifconfig this has no IP address assigned).
Ask if you need more clarification about that.

Regards

--
Silvia Fichera