[Openstack] Adding New Ceilometer Meters

Chris Dent chdent at redhat.com
Mon Jun 8 11:39:37 UTC 2015

On Sun, 7 Jun 2015, Girija Sharan wrote:

> This explain me the entire design of how it should be and it requires lot
> of work to be done.
> But why can't ceilometer itself has pollsters for collecting physical
> Compute nodes related details just like it does for instances.

One option for polling for information from the physical compute nodes
is to use snmp. I was a bit confused on how this worked myself, so
wrote something up a while ago:

     https://tank.peermore.com/tanks/cdent-rhat/SnmpWithCeilometer

Does this help you at all?

The snmp polling ought to get you the physical nodes, and the
compute-agent polling (which uses libvirt or other virt inspector)
will get you the instance information.

--
Chris Dent tw:@anticdent freenode:cdent
https://tank.peermore.com/tanks/cdent