[Openstack] Spawning Issue with Juno, Neutron, Xen and Libvirt

Anthony PERARD anthony.perard at citrix.com
Thu Jul 30 14:37:00 UTC 2015

On Mon, Jul 27, 2015 at 09:42:21PM -0400, Geoffrey Tran wrote:
> Hi Anthony,
>
> Just to add more information on this.  I tried deploying using Devstack, but
> run into a few errors. The first is related to pygrub, which was fixed by
> adding the symlink.

Did you checkout a stable/* branch or is it the branch master?

> However, the second error is again the same issue with the vif scripts.
>
> Just to clarify, I started with a machine that is physically identical to the
> first, then clean installed ubuntu 14.04.  Following that, I cloned the git
> repo for devstack and installed it using my own local.conf.  Then tried
> launching an instance through horizon.

What packages or set of packages are you installing?
That what I have for Ubuntu 14.04:
tasksel tasksel/first multiselect ubuntu-server
d-i pkgsel/include string openssh-server build-essential htop vim curl git vcsh tig quilt tmux
and xen-hypervisor-4.4-amd64

How your /etc/network/interfaces looks like? Anything in it that would setup
network interface named vif*?

Anthony PERARD