[Openstack] Use of injected-files in compute service

Clint Byrum clint at fewbar.com
Tue Jul 28 05:30:31 UTC 2015

Excerpts from Priyanka's message of 2015-07-27 21:36:47 -0700:
> Hi Nitish,
>   Thanks for the reply. But I can ssh into the VM and then add these
> things (root password) too right? Is adding all these during spawning
> necessary?

This is an option that should be removed from nova, as it is a large
burden on the compute node and is specific to filesystem types the host
can mount.

Use config drive or the metadata service to expose those details to
your instance (cloud-init will gladly read these things for you and is
installed on most stock Linux cloud images). Then, as you say, you can
SSH in or let a pull system like Puppet with a puppetmaster customize
the instance.

I'd actually recommend turning off file injection entirely.