[Openstack] XenServer 6.5 or KVM

Ivan Derbenev ivan.derbenev at tech-corps.com
Fri Jul 24 14:58:13 UTC 2015

We had a small deployment (2 nodes) of OS Juno+XS6.5 and after I understood how it should work with Xen everything worked great.
Still, we had to move for KVM because XS with local storage lacked support of dynamic volumes via Cinder.

If you plan to use shared storage for VMs, XS is a great choice. It’s MUCH easier to maintain then KVM, especially for a newbie in such technologies

Regards,
IT engineer
Farheap, Russia
Ivan Derbenev