[Openstack] XenServer 6.5 or KVM

Bob Ball bob.ball at citrix.com
Fri Jul 24 07:03:42 UTC 2015

Hi Leandro,

It is true that the majority of development work, and the majority of deployments, happen with the libvirt+KVM combination however there are some major deployments that use XenServer highly effectively.

Regarding Neutron support, yes there are a number of known areas where we need more development effort to fully support this with XenServer, and these are ongoing.  If you're set on deploying Neutron today then you may be best served by looking at other hypervisors.

XenServer works easily with nova-network and, as Rackspace has proven possible, can also work with Neutron (just not as easily!).  If there are specific docs that you've identified that are out of date please let me know and we can have a look.

Thanks,

Bob