[Openstack] Accelerating the Enterprise Adoption of OpenStack

Egle Sigler egle.sigler at rackspace.com
Thu Jul 23 17:01:59 UTC 2015

Hello OpenStack Community,

I am very excited to let you know that today Rackspace and Intel announced our plans to form the "OpenStack Innovation Center," which is an exciting community-oriented initiative focused on accelerating the enterprise features and adoption of OpenStack.  This initiative includes:

·      Largest OpenStack Developer Cloud - We are building and making available to the community two 1,000 node clusters to support advanced, large-scale and testing of OpenStack.  The clusters should be available to the community within six months and you can sign up here<http://goo.gl/forms/vCkfNBmXm4> to receive updates on this effort.

·      OpenStack Developer Training - We are creating a new training curriculum designed to onboard and significantly increase the number of developers working upstream in the community.

·      Joint OpenStack Engineering - Rackspace and Intel developers will work together in collaboration with the Enterprise Work Group and community to eliminate bugs and develop new enterprise features.  Both companies will recruit new developers to help further OpenStack development.

·      OpenStack Innovation Center - The center will be comprised of Rackspace and Intel developers who will work upstream, using existing community tools and processes to improve the scalability, manageability and usability of OpenStack.

To find out more, please check out the following resources:

Rackspace press release<http://www.rackspace.com/blog/newsarticles/rackspace-collaborates-with-intel-to-accelerate-openstack-enterprise-feature-development-and-adoption/>
Rackspace blog<http://www.rackspace.com/blog/rackspace-and-intel-form-the-openstack-innovation-center>
Intel release<http://newsroom.intel.com/community/intel_newsroom/blog/2015/07/23/intel-announces-cloud-for-all-initiative-to-deliver-benefits-of-the-cloud-to-more-businesses>
Intel blog<https://communities.intel.com/community/itpeernetwork/datastack/blog/2015/07/23/cloud-for-all>

We look forward to working with you to continue advancing the leading open source cloud platform and welcome your feedback!

Best regards,

Egle Sigler
Rackspace Principal Architect
OpenStack Foundation Board Member