[Openstack] Openstack operating system pro cons

italy1 remo at italy1.com
Sun Jul 19 10:46:10 UTC 2015

This could start another topic on which is better but now the fact is rhel and ubuntu are ahead of SUSE.

Inviato da iPhone

On Sat, Jul 18, 2015 at 3:49 PM -0700, "Cameron Seader" <cseader at suse.com> wrote:

Hi Peter,
You really should take a look at SUSE. SUSE Has a strong Linux
Distribution and OpenStack Distribution. Please let me know if you would
like some details.

-Cameron

On 07/18/2015 12:52 AM, Erdősi Péter wrote:
> 2015.07.17. 21:03 keltezéssel, Marton Kiss írta:
>> Do you mean that Ubuntu is unsupported on the HP Proliant servers?
> I mean, main vendors does not have properly signed drivers for Ubuntu,
> but they have to RHEL, and it's works on CentOS...
> So what if I face a problem, i have to wait the community, while on
> CentOS, we have a chance, to use the RHEL patch, which came sooner I
> think...
>
> Actually, I've checked a few server at HP, IBM, Fuji, and DELL, but only
> BIOS and Firmware on the list at HP servers under Ubuntu section, and no
> Ubuntu (or Debian) on other vendors... :(
>
>> How are you buying hardware for gov projects?
> Same as others in gov, but i don't know any further details...
>
> BTW, what OS have been used by the bigges Openstack providers?
> It's okay, that 55% vs 29% for Ubuntu on that survey, but not same if 10
> company have production with 10 server at ubuntu, while two of them have
> centos/rhel with hundreds of servers...
>
> Regards,
>  Peter

Cameron Seader