[Openstack] Openstack operating system pro cons

Erdősi Péter fazy at niif.hu
Sat Jul 18 06:52:30 UTC 2015

2015.07.17. 21:03 keltezéssel, Marton Kiss írta:
> Do you mean that Ubuntu is unsupported on the HP Proliant servers?
I mean, main vendors does not have properly signed drivers for Ubuntu,
but they have to RHEL, and it's works on CentOS...
So what if I face a problem, i have to wait the community, while on
CentOS, we have a chance, to use the RHEL patch, which came sooner I
think...

Actually, I've checked a few server at HP, IBM, Fuji, and DELL, but only
BIOS and Firmware on the list at HP servers under Ubuntu section, and no
Ubuntu (or Debian) on other vendors... :(

> How are you buying hardware for gov projects?
Same as others in gov, but i don't know any further details...

BTW, what OS have been used by the bigges Openstack providers?
It's okay, that 55% vs 29% for Ubuntu on that survey, but not same if 10
company have production with 10 server at ubuntu, while two of them have
centos/rhel with hundreds of servers...

Regards,
  Peter