[Openstack] [puppet] puppetlabs/puppetlabs-openstack vs openstack puppet modules

Richard Raseley richard at raseley.com
Thu Jul 9 21:17:26 UTC 2015

David Talmage wrote:
> What's the difference between puppetlabs-openstack and the openstack puppet
> modules?  Why would I choose one over the other?

David,

The puppetlabs-openstack module is a 'composition layer' which is
intended to provide a functional and integrated environment. It makes
use of the OpenStack Puppet Modules to configure the individual
OpenStack components.

My personal take is that if you are deploying a production OpenStack
environment you will likely make use of the individual modules and build
your own composition layer.

Regards,

Richard