[Openstack] [Fuel] changing assigned VLANs after install

Marco Mariani marco.mariani at alterway.fr
Wed Jul 8 10:30:24 UTC 2015

Good news everyone!

Well, not actually, at least for me. I have this Fuel 6.1 cluster and I
need to change VLAN assignments due to a mistake made at install time. I
know this is not supposed to happen but it can't be that hard to manually
reconfigure, can it?

I used VLAN segmentation for private networks. At the very minimum, I would
need to change private VLAN range, and possibly Mgmt + Storage.

I can easily recreate the private networks obviously, I try to avoid
reformatting the nodes.

Is there a list of the files that need to be changed (in Fuel, Controller,
Compute, Ceph, Telemetry nodes)?

By simply grepping, I came up with

/etc/astute.yaml
/etc/ceph-osd.yaml
/etc/compute.yaml
/etc/controller.yaml
/etc/hiera/astute.yaml
/etc/hiera/globals.yaml
/etc/neutron/plugin.ini
/etc/neutron/plugins/ml2/ml2_conf.ini
/etc/primary-controller.yaml
/etc/primary-mongo.yaml

Anything outside /etc ?
Within mysql perhaps? I found the table neutron.ml2_vlan_allocations and
can dig deeper if needed, but if there's a cleaner way to reconfigure I
would be glad to know.

Oh, and the OVS db, I though to ask before looking at that.

Regards,
Marco